In the corporate world, it’s evolve or die. Since 2000, 52% of Fortune 500 companies have either been acquired, merged, or gone bankrupt. Tom Siebel believes digital transformation is to the corporate world what a “mass extinction event” is to the evolution of life on Earth. That’s the thesis the tech industry icon and CEO of C3.ai lays out in his new book, Digital Transformation: Survive and Thrive in an Era of Mass Extinction. Siebel’s aim is to create a common understanding of digital transformation — what it is and how organizations can take advantage of it. He joins the podcast to discuss how the application of a new generation of information technology — comprised of elastic cloud computing, big data, the Internet of Things, and artificial intelligence — will completely change business as we know it.
Listen to this podcast episode to learn:
- How “punctuated equilibrium” explains today’s massive disruption and change in how businesses operate, create and deliver products to customers
- The one thing that all successful digital transformation initiatives have in common
- How organizations like 3M, Amazon, and the U.S. Air Force are successfully transforming
- Why precision medicine will revolutionize healthcare but also open up major privacy and security concerns
- The consumer and citizen benefits — and dangers — of our digital era
- Common reasons why CEOs fail or succeed at transforming their company
- Tom’s advice on leadership and how to create a culture that unites and inspires a diverse and multigenerational workforce
More information on Digital Transformation.
Read the original article here.